Hey lovelies, it’s that time of year where most people who are in some form of education are doing their exams. And because I am doing my exams too I understand how difficult it can be to revise sometimes- I have many times where I am just staring at the wall (instead of my books) wondering why I decided to come to uni because the work load is just too much. However, how i get through this tough period is with sweet treats Its weird how they actually help me to get through the work load!! So yesterday I made lemon cupcakes and thats the recipes I am going to be sharing with you today. I do hope you try the recipe below, if you do please take pictures and post them with the hashtag #inheatherskitchen on all social media sites so I can check it out. See you soon x
Makes 12 cup cakes
140g Self Raising Flour
140g Butter (at room temperature)
100g Caster Sugar
1 tspn Vanilla Extract
2 large Lightly Beaten Eggs
1/2 Lemon Zest
375g Icing Sugar
1 Tbspn Lemon Juice
- Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celsius. Then in a mixing ball mixthe butter and sugar until it is really soft and fully combined, then add the lemon zest.
- Slowly stir in the eggs,then add your vanilla extract mix then add in the flour and mix until it is all combined.
- Then place the cake batter into cupcake cases and bake for 20 minutes.
- When they are done let them completely cool down before frosting.
- With a electric mixer beat your butter for about 5 minutes till it is light and fluffy.
- Add your sugar a bit at a time whilst whisking.
- When your sugar and butter are fully combined add in your lemon juice and mix. and you are done