Wohhoo my first blog post after my back to uni meals series (check out my 5 previous posts) and I will sharing my recipe for crispy fried chicken. I say wohhoo because it felt good to cook today with out restraining myself from using certain spices/ingredients to keep the ingredient budget under 5 pounds, which I have had to do the past week. This recipe, as per usual, is a very simple yet tasty dish, I had my chicken with homemade chunky chips and homemade coleslaw- my very own KFC meal made at home :). I fried my chicken in oil but you could always place them in the oven at 180 degrees Celsius- the healthier option- for 15 mins. So I do hope you try the recipe below, if you do please take pictures and post them with the hashtag #inheatherskitchen on all social media sites so I can check it out. See you soon x
Makes 8 Pieces of chicken
4 Drumsticks & 4 thighs
2 tspn Curry Powder
2 tspn Paprika
30g Lemon and Garlic powder
3 tspn Black Pepper
3 Eggs (beaten)
- In a saucepan with salted water add your chicken, paprika and curry powder and boil for 15-20 mins. Then let the chicken pieces cool.
- Then in a large plate mix your black pepper, lemon and garlic powder and the bread crumbs. On a another plate pour your beaten egg mixture (if the plate is small don’t pour all of it, or else it will spill over).
- Start to heat your sunflower oil at a high heat in your deep fat fryer (if you don’t have one just use a saucepan and pour a lot of oil till its about halfway up the pan, it would be wise to use a smaller pan to use less oil ).
- Once oil has heated and chicken pieces are cold enough for you to hold, coat them in the egg mixture- making sure every area is covered and then roll the chicken in breadcrumb mixture then place in the fryer/saucepan.
- Fry for 4 mins or till golden. And you are done