On to day three of the back to uni meals series! I know how stressful Uni can be, handing in all those assignments, attending all those lectures and seminars it can take a toll on someone. But luckily for you I have a solution to ease your stress, no I will not write your assignments for you, but what I will do is give you a recipe of a sweet little something to give you the strength you need to finish the assignment. That little sweet thing is a very simple and easy yet tatsy banoffee pie. It take 10 minutes to make, but it needs to be in the fridge for an hour so it can fully set. I used shop bought caramel in this recipe because its more time efficient but you could always make your own, I also bought double cream and whipped it but you always buy ready whipped cream, if you don’t want the hassle of whipping. This dessert cost me £3.84. I hope you try the recipe below, if you do please take pictures and post them with the hashtag #inheatherskitchen on all social media sites so I can check it out. Also don’t forget to subscribe. See you soon x
(I bought all my ingredients from Tesco, so others shops may vary in price )
Serves 2 (small individual tart tins)
7 Digestive Biscuits
15g Melted Butter
4 Tbsp Caramel
2 Sliced banana Bananas
60g Double cream
- Place your biscuits into a food bag, with a rolling pin go over the bag over and over again till the biscuits turn into small crumbs then place them into a bowl, add your butter and mix.
- Once fully combined press your biscuit mixture into the tart tins (with your hands), making sure every bit of the tin has the biscuit mixture. Then place the tins into the fridge for 10 mins.
- In a separate bowl whip your cream till it gets thick and forms peaks.
- Take your tart tins from the fridge and add two tbsp of caramel into each individual tin add your banana slices on top of your caramel (each tine should have approximately one banana each). You can save 4 banana slices to place on top of your pie for decoration.
- Now with a spoon spread your half of whipped cream mixture into one tin and the other half into the second tin- on top of the banana. Place in the fridge for an hour and you are done